South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences (Xamk) is an international institute of higher education.
Xamk is the 5th largest university of applied sciences (UAS) in Finland with its 9,300 students, 1,700 graduates per year, 62 Bachelor’s programmes and 27 Master’s programmes. Education is organised into three schools: School of Business and Culture, School of Technology and School of Welfare.
Xamk provides a broad range of education services:
- bachelor’s and master’s programmes
- open UAS studies and study paths
- multidisciplinary continuing education
- specialisation education
- apprenticeship training in higher education
Xamk is the leader in research, development and innovation (RDI) activities among the Finnish universities of applied sciences. RDI activities are carried out mainly through projects; there are 200 ongoing project annually. The focus areas are
- digital economy
- forest, the environment and energy
- sustainable well-being
- logistics, marine technology and transport.
Xamk offers a broad range of services:
- Laboratory and studio services
- Analysis, measurement and testing services
- Trainees and project employees
- Tailored training and expert services for workplaces
Xamk has campuses in four towns: Kotka, Kouvola, Mikkeli and Savonlinna.